Ketamine Center Questions and Answers
Discover the amazing benefits that a ketamine center has to offer. The medical professionals at Bay Area Ketamine Center can answer all of your questions. Call us today for more information or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 746 Altos Oaks Drive, Los Altos, CA 94024.
Many people are familiar with ketamine as it is commonly used in veterinary medicine, however its therapeutic effects in humans have only recently come to light. Ketamine is a powerful medicine with incredible potential. When used in a clinical setting, it can improve symptoms of many different mental health conditions, such as depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
What does a ketamine center treat?
A ketamine center focuses on treating mental health conditions, such as:
- Moderate to severe depression
- Bipolar disorder (with managed mood stabilization)
- Personality disorders (provided individual can engage in therapy and manage infusions)
What are the benefits of ketamine?
Ketamine has a number of benefits when used in a clinical setting, such as:
- Helps to calm the mind and to relieve pain associated with certain procedures
- Effectively manages symptoms of depression
- Provides relief for migraines
- Effectively manages symptoms of PTSD
- Provides relief for certain types of chronic pain
- Effectively manages symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Effectively manages symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Decreases the need for narcotic painkillers
- Provides beneficial effects very quickly, and continues to work even after it has been metabolized. This is greatly advantageous when compared to some antidepressant medications, as they can take weeks to provide effects
- Does not have a significant effect on breathing rate or blood pressure, which makes it very safe for use in surgery
Although ketamine has shown very positive results for many mental health conditions, it may not provide the same benefits for everybody. It is important to talk to the medical professionals at Bay Area Ketamine Center about all aspects of ketamine therapy, including side effects and contraindications for use. They can help determine what is the best plan of action for your unique situation.
Is ketamine safe?
When used in a clinical setting, ketamine is a safe treatment. However, it should not be used in the following cases, as it may have contraindications:
- Patients with active substance abuse, including alcohol, cannabis, and non-prescribed medications
- Patients with a history of psychosis
- Patients with a history of increased intracranial pressure
- Patients who are currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients with uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Patients with acute or unstable cardiovascular disease
- Patients who have previously experienced a negative response to ketamine
Does ketamine help with mental illness?
Yes, ketamine can help ease the symptoms of certain types of mental illness. When treating depression, patients report a significant reduction in suicidal thoughts and improved levels of overall happiness and contentedness. When treating anxiety, patients report fewer feelings of anxiousness and more control over their thoughts and emotions. When treating post-traumatic stress disorder, patients report a decrease of intensity of symptoms as well as a more stable mental state.
If you or someone you love is experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety or another psychological disorder, visit the professionals at Bay Area Ketamine Center today to discover how ketamine can benefit you. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating a number of mental health conditions and can help you manage your symptoms better. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of service at every visit and strive to improve the quality of life of each patient. Call us today to book an appointment. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Los Altos, CA, Sunnyvale CA, Palo Alto CA, Stanford CA, Atherton CA, and Cupertino CA.